Dear Bidmaster Client
As you are aware, in this fast-moving world of technology Windows updates appear at regular intervals. Unfortunately, we have to bring your attention to an issue with the latest Windows 10 update (version 1803) and Bidmaster.
Windows 10, version 1803 was released with a bug which prevents certain products from producing valid PDF files. Bidmaster generates PDF files when emailing client documents. This problem is being experienced by other companies and products, including Adobe and QuickBooks. An update to version 1803 is now available in a Beta test version from Windows, which we will be testing.
This email provides you with information about how this bug will affect your Bidmaster application thereby helping you to make a decision regarding the option you choose to resolve this problem.
In Bidmaster, on workstations with Windows 10 release 1803 you will still be able to print client documents e.g. Invoices pre-sale advices etc, however you will be unable to save or email a usable PDF copy of the document. These PDF files will be corrupted. This issue does not exist in Windows 10 version 1709.
You can check your version of Windows 10 Software as detailed below:
- In the Windows search field enter ‘about your pc’
- From the options displayed select ‘About your PC, System settings’
- The version will be displayed under the heading ‘Windows Specification’
Guidelines for dealing with this issue are as follows:
Your workstations have not yet updated to Windows 10 version 1803:
- Ensure that the setting for automatic update of windows software is switched off. Please check this with your IT provider.
- Do not manually apply the Windows 10 version 1803 update
Your workstations have updated to Windows 10 version 1803
- If you have any workstations on your Bidmaster network, which have not yet updated, this workstation can be used for the printing and emailing of client documents
- Revert to Windows 10 version 1709
To the best of our knowledge, you will not encounter additional security risks by remaining on Windows version 1709. However, we are not experts in the Windows operating system. You may wish to discuss the contents of this email with your IT provider. In addition, Bidmaster support staff are available to discuss your options with you team or with your IT provider.
We are continuing to investigate all options in order to resolve this problem.
A copy of this email, additional information and relevant updates regarding this issue will be available to view on the following pages. They will indicate when Windows 10 update 1803 is signed off as approved for Bidmaster and Microsoft automatic updates can resume, if required.
Bidmaster Support contact details
Phone:0203 725 5590