You’ll spot when your auction’s about to start as the ‘Connect to auction ’ button on the auction’s catalogue page will change to say ‘Bid Live Now’. You must be registered for the auction and approved by the auctioneer to bid.
To join the auction:
1. Click ‘Bid Live Now’
2. Pop in your password
3. Click the speaker button to hear the auctioneer (this only appears if the auction has audio)
4. If the auctioneer is broadcasting video, the live stream will automatically load in the top right hand corner
1. Wait for the amount you want to bid to appear on the screen
2. Click the blue bid button and you will place a bid for the amount you see
3. If you're in the lead, the bid button will turn green and a message 'You are in the lead' will be displayed
4. If you're outbid, the blue bid button will reappear
If you win your lot, the auction house will usually get in touch to arrange payment and delivery. You may wish to contact them first to speed the process up!
Please always remember, whether you’re in the room or online, bidding is a contractual commitment to buy.
Please sign in to leave a comment.